MTI hospital ensures that special care and specialist surgeons are dedicated to neurology and spine diseases. We have some of the most renowned and highly skilled doctors who are capable of providing accurate solutions for your problems. Our team of doctors and experts brief your entire treatment details and other relevant information before proceeding with the treatment. We understand that urgent attention and proper care are required for neurology and spinal treatment, so we hire the doctors who possess vast knowledge and experience. This also helps us ensure that the patients receive successful and probable treatment. Read on to get more information.
Diagnostics Procedures for Neuro& Spine Diseases
ECG,MUSCLE & NERVE BIOPSY, MRI, CEREBROSPINAL FLUID ANALYSIS, EMG, ULTRASOUND IMAGING, CT SCAN,CEREBRAL ANGIOGRAM, BRAIN SCANS ,POSITRON EMISSION TOMOGRAPHY(PET), ETC.
Superior Vena Cava
Peripheral Nerve Surgery and Brachial Plexus Surgery
Interventional Neuro radiology
1. Accurate stroke treatments like thrombolysis, factor VII, Stroke prevention and rehabilitation services including physiotherapy and Botox therapy are provided as part of severe stroke series which are also offered 24/7. This ensures that accurate stroke is provided.
2. Epilepsy with accurate diagnostic assessment, formulation of evidenced based treatment plans and management of inflexible seizures with proper concern and sensitivity.
3. Our expert neurologists, Neuro psychiatrists, clinical psychologists also treat Dementia in order to ensure clear diagnosis, and evidence based treatments.
4. Treatment of headache and chronic pain is also provided with proper diagnosis of headaches.
5. Sleep disorders are treated.
6. Treatment for inflammatory disease of the nervous system.
7. Neuro Infections.
8. Paediatric Neurology.
The spinal column is responsible for supporting our trunks and making all of our movements possible. Hence, it is one of the most important parts of human body. Spine injury can cause excessive pain and restriction in movement and other spinal functions.
The spine has three major components:
The spinal column consists of:
The lumbar Vertebrae
The most common vertebrae involved in back pain are L1-L5 as they carry most amount of body weight and are focusof the largest forces and stresses along the spine. At the L1 level the real spinal cord ends and divides into many different nerve roots that travel to the lower body and legs-- called the "caudaequina.
Lumbar Discs function as shock absorbers between the vertebrae of the spinal column. The centre of the disc is soft and springy and is called nucleus. It takes the shock of body movements such as shock of standing, walking, running, etc. The outer part of the disc is called annulus and it is responsible for providing strength and structure to the disc.
The movement of bending backward and forward as well as twist and turn are supported by joints between the bones in our spine. There are facet joints in each vertebra and they connect it with the vertebrae above and the vertebrae below. Smooth cartilage which covers the surfaces of the facet joints allows these parts of vertebral bodies glide smoothly on each other.
One of the vital parts of the central nervous system of the human body is the spinal cord. This functions as an important pathway that conducts electrical signals from the brain to the rest of the body through individual nerve fibres.
The right atrium and the right ventricle are separated by the tricuspid valve. Its main function is to allow the de-oxygenated blood collected in the right atrium to flow into the right ventricle. When right ventricle contracts it closes and prevents blood from returning to the right atrium. This in turn forces the blood to travel through the pulmonary valve into the pulmonary artery.